Sack Tip Station with integrated hood
Benefits and Features
- Suitable for use with a variety of material types (all internal welds are crack and crevice-free for sanitary material applications).
- Low maintenance and easy to clean for minimal downtime
- Trantec bag tipping stations implement a dust control curtain to eliminate cross-contamination and prevent dust clouds from forming in the facility for a cleaner, dust-free atmosphere.
- Available in a variety of finishes
- Manufactured with metal detectable silicone gaskets for food, pharmaceutical and chemical product handling.
- Complete safety throughout operation
- Simple integration into your existing processing system.
- Manufactured from heavy-duty material and components, therefore capable of withstanding corrosive and abrasive material handling.
Trantec sack tip stations provide safe depositing and handling of large sacks, bags and boxes at optimum working height, whilst controlling the dust emissions caused throughout unloading. Flexible in their configuration they can be intergraded into your existing processing system or combined with other Trantec equipment, including our gravimetric and volumetric metering screw feeders, or flexible spiral conveyor systems. Our bag tip stations can be found in factories across the globe and are commonly used within the food, pharmaceutical, environmental, chemical and plastic industries. We manufactured sack unloading stations in mild steel powder-coated, stainless steel 304 and 316, with a high polished or satin finish, depending on the material being handled. Our standard-sized sack tipping station has a holding capacity of up to 100 litres, however, customised larger versions are available, for enquiries give us a call or contact with your requirements.
Optional upgrades avaiable
- Interlock safety door and switch permits safe and ‘dust-free’ unloading of sacks and boxes.
- Steel-bar inlet grate – Helps loosen up large chunks of material when unloading the sack into the tip stations hopper.
- For materials with sticky and cohesive characteristics that are susceptible to ratholing, bridging and causing blockages, we can supply sack tipping stations with integrated discharge aids including mechanical agitation or vibratory or impact actuators positioned on the outer side of the hopper to prevent those issues from occurring.
- Empty Sack disposal spigot for connection to a polymer bag to contain any residual dust left inside the sack.
- A dust extraction spigot for connection to a dust sock or dust extraction system, which can be positioned on either side, top or rear of the station’s hood.
- Caster package for easy mobility which includes four interlock swivel wheels and an easy-grip push and pull bar.
How Sack Tipping Stations work
The operator positions the sack, box or keg onto the loading shelf through a set of strip curtains and then opens or pierces the container, emptying the content into the tip station’s hopper mounted below the dust containment hood. The steel-bar grate breaks down lumps in the material that might have occurred during transportation or storage. The material inside the hopper is then fed into downstream equipment such as our integrated volumetric screw feeder, flexible screw/spiral conveyor system or other alternative transferring methods