How Trantec serves the Pharmaceutical Industry
Trantec has designed and manufactured a range of materials for the Pharmaceutical industry. We provide the highest quality powder handling equipment for this industry and lead the way with our innovation.
We offer a range of different products for this market – Screw Feeders, Powder Samplers and Augers.
Due to strict legislation there are certain requirements that are put into place.
- Complete containment of product – No bug traps and equipment must be completely air tight. This is to avoid cross contamination.
- CIP and SIP (Clean-in-Place and Sterilise-in-Place).
- Strict hygiene standards and regulations to be followed.
- Stainless steel machinery must be used for the construction of the machinery.
Stainless Steel Screw Feeder
All Trantec pharmaceutical screw feeders are manufactured from 316 stainless steel and are welded with a ground crevice-free or mirror (0.2Ra) finish to ensure a contamination-free process be in place.
You can find out more by visiting our screw meter feeder section on our website.
Pharmaceutical Augers in todays solid handling industry
Pharmaceutical Augers have to be produced with careful precision and accuracy so they meet the requirements and have a polished finish.
Sometimes there are cases where fabricated augers can suffer from defects; this is why we manufacturer pharmaceutical augers in stainless steel with helicoid flights welded onto a central core.
Sometimes fabricated augers can suffer from several of the following problems.
- Accuracy of the flights is dependent on the ‘eye’ of the fabricator/welder
- Variations in flight, pitch and diameter affect the performance of the auger
- Uneven flow patterns are produced which can affect accuracy – this is why Trantec augers are produced using computer controlled machine tooling boasting accuracies exceeding 0.01mm in diameter and pitch.
- Sensitisation and Corrosion of the material
Why Stainless Steel?
The stainless steel resists this corrision and forms a thin passive film – chromium oxide.
Trantec’s Solution to these problems
Trantec manufacturered augers do not suffer from these problems, as not only do our augers not require any welding but there is very little, if any, straightening required for post production.
Renown Works, Wellington Street,
Lancashire, United Kingdom, BB5 5HU
T: +44 (0)1282 777 566
Company Reg: 03233202
VAT Registration: GB 628 7689 8